Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2016

This rod has a wonderful story around it. During the late winter I was contacted by a bespoke shoe-maker in Barcelona, Mr Norman Vilalta. Norman is a true artisan and makes the most beautiful shoes available. Even better he has a very unique style, classic yet contemporary. This appeals to me on all levels. Norman offered me a pair of shoes in return for a build. I decided to offer him a Tom Morgan build, and this is the result. The TMR 7’6’’, 4wt is as smooth as it gets. Perfect for trout fishing in crystal clear Pyrenéean mountain streams. I decided to finish it with an all cork seat to keep the weight down. The reel seat is seamlessly connected to slightly tapered Ritz grip. Mildrum stripping guide and Snake Brand Universal snake guides wrapped in red Gossamer silk. Norman - I hope you will enjoy this rod as much as I will wear your shoes with pride.