Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2017

It has been awfully quiet from me the last six months. I have been busy reading and planning, but the production has been moderate. Here is however a recently finished rod, made for a fellow rod builder in the UK, the highly skilled bamboo builder Luke Bannister. I was approached by Luke last summer, wondering if I was interested in building a rod on his newly developed glass blank. This is a 7', 4wt, medium-fast, crisp progressive rod. Reel seat insert in brown/white Ziricote, with dual direction slide seat in blued brass. Mildrum stripping guide and SB Universals wrapped with Gossamer. It's always flattering to be asked to build rods for other builders, and this time it's even more special. I have slowly started to explore the world of bamboo, and have been admiring Lukes work for years. This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.